Basic Oral Health Care
A simple routine of brushing and flossing, in addition to regular dental check-ups, can be enough in most cases to help prevent tooth decay, gum disease and breath.
Here are a few tips
- Brush twice a day using a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Concentrate on cleaning all surfaces of teeth.
- Place your brush as a slight angle towards the gums when brushing along the gum line.
- Use a gentle touch it doesn’t take too much pressure to remove plaque from your teeth.
- A vigorous scrubbing could irritate your gums and abrade your teeth.
- Flossing between teeth is as important as brushing.
It is important to use the correct brushing technique to avoid damaging your gums and teeth as result of what is called as tooth brush trauma.
Schedule a consult appointment to know your current oral health status.